Tuesday 10 September 2013

Winter Warmer - The Trench Coat


1. Mango
2. House of Fraiser
3. Mint Velvet
4. BooHoo

As sad as it to realise the nights are drawing in and sandals are becoming less and less appropriate, it's also a comfort to know that soon we can wrap up warm in layer upon layer of cosiness. Time is nearly upon us to drag out those wooly jumpers which take up so much room in the wardrobe - Admit it, they fall on you too when trying to free up some space for bikinis and summer dresses.

If the thought of winter fills you with dread, fear ye not, I have a way of celebrating the upcoming season and of course it involves some retail therapy. 

When I think of the classic trench coat, Burberry springs to mind. Their beautiful designs and classic detailing have me drooling whilst their price tags send me running for the hills. My Dad actually owns a Burberry trench coat from decades ago but sadly it is a few sizes too big so I can't take it under my wing. 

For a few years now I have been eyeing up buying my own trench coat but have never found the right one - or rather have never had enough spare cash to splash out on a good quality one. This year I have been more prepared and have done my research. I have found a number of great options in a whole spectrum of prices and in a range of designs.

1. This Mango design is definitely my favourite that I have found thus far. The colour is just right - sounds petty but they come in so many shades you end up lusting over one in particular - and the length is perfect as it is long enough to keep your derriere warm on cold Winter walks. At almost £70 it sounds a lot but when I think back to the more expensive coats I have had over the years they are definitely a good investment to have, lasting longer and more importantly keeping you warm.

2. This black option is very smart, sophisticated and more appropriate for someone who commutes as it won't show the unavoidable stains and marks you are bound to encounter. Again, the length is great and would look amazing teamed with a bright bag and thick black tights ready for those cold mornings.

3. A shorter design such as this Mint Velvet one is perfect for a more casual occasion. The above-the-knee length is also good for petite women as it is less likely to swamp them. A chunky knit scarf will add the texture to this more laid back suggestion.

4. Finally, this BooHoo find is a fabulous price and still has the smart elements a trench coat needs. I love the colour of this coat as it could be worn with anything from smart office wear to jeans at the weekend. This is a brilliant piece at a bargain price.

Until I save up for my own Burberry trench coat any of these lovely options will most definitely do! Which one do you like best?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alexandra Emily . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig