Monday 20 May 2013

One Dress. Two Outfits.

One Dress. Two Outfits.White Dress - Topshop
Orange Bag - Zara
Cream Brogues - ASOS
Black Heels - Zara
Cream Bag - Topshop
Rings - ASOS

It is about this time of year, if not before, that I usually have my dress for my University Summer Ball sorted. Not only is it exciting searching for a dress that you actually need for once but it's also a welcomed break from tedious and mentally draining revision. Now that I am a graduate (sob sob) I no longer need to search for a pretty dress and shoes which aren't suitable for walking and dancing on the rugby field. However, I couldn't help but have a glance online and see what I might have chosen had I needed an occasion dress.

I'm not one for a big glitzy dress and the three Summer Ball dresses I had were all very simple and designs which I have been able to wear since. I always wear black on a night out, no particular reason for it but for some reason I am always drawn to it. It's therefore strange that two of my previous end of year dresses were white. For someone with fair skin and not a hint of tan on me, this was an odd choice but the dresses were classic and simple and I still felt dressed up in them. 

This white Topshop dress is definitely something I would wear with a pair of killer black heels and this expensive looking, yet remarkably affordable, clutch bag. Thinking ahead to summer I would wear this dress during the day and the brogues from ASOS would look cute teamed with the amazing bold orange bag. I love the subtle nude colour of the shoes as it allows the bag to stand out against the plain dress. 

I love the cut out detail in the dress. It really adds to the otherwise plain design and gives a cheeky glimpse of skin which makes it a perfect summer dress. I would wear both outfits taking the dress perfectly from day to night and I am tempted to buy some of the accessories I have styled it with here. Time to start saving.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alexandra Emily . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig