Thursday 27 June 2013

Bimbling in Barcelona

Bimbling in Barcelona
After inter-railing around the major cities in Europe last summer I definitely have the travel bug. This year, due to lack of money and my job, a month's long trip was not possible sadly, but my friend and I decided to visit Barcelona for a long weekend away. It was one of the cities we wanted to do on our travels but never managed to so it was the perfect excuse.

A fair few people I know had already been and told me what I must see and do, how beautiful the city is and that the weather would be lovely. Oh and also, there are thieves everywhere!  A little handbag was needed, one with many compartments for the necessities such as camera, purse, and obviously room for tacky souvenirs you (and your family at home) really do not need. This neon yellow Zara bag works well with the plain shorts and tee combo, adding a kick of colour to an otherwise simple outfit. It wouldn't look out of place in the guaranteed Barcelona sunshine either. 

A simple shift dress is definitely a key piece and fits so easily in your hand luggage (should you be on a budget like we will be!). Keeping cool and airy is a must when travelling on the metro and walking around the busy streets so the shape is perfect and the pattern is quirky in a fitting summer colour. 

Loose cami tops are my new go-to's as they go with everything and can be worn day or night. This black one is ideal for dinner on a warm night and teamed with this fun structured stripe skirt it adds a smart edge. Topshop and River Island do them in a wide-range of colours and in cropped lengths too.

I can't wait for Barcelona now! Now a question of how I'm going to zip up my over-filling suitcase. Wish me luck!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alexandra Emily . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig