Wednesday 11 September 2013

Fresh Mint

Like any typical teenage girl (ignore stereotype if not applicable to you) when I was 14 I wanted a pink bedroom. I'm talking pink walls, pink curtains, pink lampshade. The works. As a 22 year old now living in the same bedroom I'm regretting my younger self's decision a little. Visiting home during my three years at university it was fine but now that I'm back with the parents I decided it was time for a change.

Thanks to Pinterest and my Mum's interior design catalogues she leaves about the house I was dead set on having a mint green and cream bedroom - a smidgen more grown up yet relaxed.

Deciding on the perfect shade of 'mint' was a mission. There are more shades than you could ever imagine and I liked every single one of them as I painstakingly painted tester blocks on the wall of my Barbie Palace. I finally decided on 'Ocean Ripple' as a sort of feature wall and 'Desert Wind' on the other walls. I'm also having a cream carpet which I'm hoping to keep clean of inevitable tea and coffee spillages.

After heaving all my toot back in and trying to reorganise it in a neater fashion my room is now complete and I wanted to share a few photos to maybe inspire some soon-to-be-decorating minds or for you to simply be nosy.

Elephants are my favourite animals and I like the rugged old effect of the map on this cushion from Habitat.


 My cute little owl from a little shop in Oundle. He is just the most adorable little thing and strangely enough I found his twin on my holiday in Portugal. A sneak peak of the mint feature wall behind him.


I love this storage unit from Ikea. It sneakily hides all the stuff I own that is too messy to be on display the whole time - nail varnishes, books, old school work, hats, scarves...
The vase is an old school milk bottle which I found in the kitchen. A nice twist on the usual glass vase and the lovely pink flowers go perfectly with the white.

I hope you enjoyed this sneak peak into my new little bedroom. I still need to add things to the walls to bring a bit more life to the cream colour but I am very pleased with how it has turned out.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alexandra Emily . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig