Sunday 11 August 2013

From This Day Forward

From This Day Forward

Floral Dress - Zara
White Blazer - Topshop
Cream Heels - Zara
Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent
Bag - Zara

I've only ever been to one wedding and I was three at the time so my memory of it is somewhat limited. All I remember is not wanting to sit still for the ceremony, not exactly a magical experience and I wasn't even a bridesmaid. The cheek of it. So when I received my friend of nearly 18 years' wedding invitation I was thrilled to say the least.

Weddings conjure up thoughts of celebration, love, a reunion of old friends and of course a new outfit.

My friend, Sophie's wedding is in the Autumn, however for me this summery look is the kind of outfit that springs to mind when I think of a wedding. A flattering skater dress with a fun but sophisticated print in pretty feminine colours such as this one from Zara. I know I always go back to Zara but this frock is an absolute steal at only £29.99. It also has a cut out detail at the back which adds an interesting twist for a formal occasion.

This clean and simple style of shoe is very popular and on trend at the moment. The nude colour creates the illusion of  elongating your pins and I think go well with the other pastel accessories I have teamed them with.

A little bag is a necessity, keeping your camera, confetti and tissues all in one safe place. I have picked out the blue-grey tones in this dress with this smart box bag (again from you-know-where). I would normally opt for a clutch bag for an occasion like this but it's always nice to have the option of not having to hold a bag awkwardly for hours. The long strap with gold chain detailing can easily be tucked away leaving a neat clutch with gold hardware.

I'm not one for planning makeup or even claiming that I know much about it but a soft pink lipstick would be a nice finishing touch for this pretty feminine outfit.

I can't wait for the big day on October 5th and to see Sophie. I'm sure she will look beautiful.

What would your ideal wedding guest outfit be?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alexandra Emily . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig