Thursday 22 August 2013

Cosy Corner

Cosy Corner

Any kind of retail therapy is right up my street but recently I have swapped ASOS and Zara for the likes of Homebase and Ikea. 

I'm giving my bedroom a bit of a makeover and seeing as the colour scheme is going from Princess pink to neutral mints and creams I needed a few accessories that were in-keeping with the theme.

Map - I need to jazz up one of the cream walls I'm having and have chosen a large world map to bring some life to it. Since igniting the travelling bug in me last Summer I decided that I would like to physically see where I have been and where I would like to go in the future. This wipe-clean map is ideal for planning my next trip and it will also handily bring some more colour to my room.

Cushions - Every bedroom needs a large number of cushions. I don't care that they take ages to take off at night and then replace again in the morning, they make a bed look so cosy and inviting - I'm all about the comfort! I've decided to go for a range of random cushions rather than matchy-matchy to create a rustic boutique feel.

Owl Candle - I've already got two little owl ornaments but an owl combined with a candle, I mean who can resist that? I promise I won't become a crazy owl lady.

Bedside Table - I stumbled across this small bedside table on The White Lighthouse Company and I'm so glad I did. My room is quite small so I can't have too much bulky furniture. The drawer and two baskets will hold everything I might need mid-sleep and plenty of room for the 3 books I usually have on the go.

What would you buy if you were re-decorating your room? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alexandra Emily . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig